Help Your Child Find Clarity and Purpose for the Future
When students attend college uncertain about their major or career plans they can feel discouraged, unmotivated, and purposeless. This often hurts their academic performance, delays their launch into the professional world, and leads them to spend more money and time on college than expected.
If your child hasn’t developed a clear vision for the future yet, Maximize College can help. The courses I offer teach students how good career and college major decisions are made. Students learn the exact steps they should take to make wise choices and get support from me along the way.
Watch this video to learn about the Maximize College online course experience.
Fall 2017 Course Offerings
DISCOVER CAREERS THAT FIT
$89 for 3 months of course access and coaching support
Your Child's Big QuestionHow can I know which careers and majors fit me best?
How This Course Can Help
Discover Careers that Fit teaches students how to gather self-knowledge and career information to find the careers that are most likely to offer them success, enjoyment, and purpose. Students will:
- Complete a variety of self-assessment exercises to uncover their skills, interests, and values.
- Apply various strategies to identify the careers that are most likely to fit them.
- Learn how to find their best career matches by examining their newly acquired self-knowledge and using career research techniques.
MAKE YOUR BEST CAREER CHOICE
Your Child's Big QuestionHow can I confirm that a specific career choice is the right one for me?
How This Course Can Help
Make Your Best Career Choice helps students confidently commit to a career path by showing them how to use informational interviewing to gain first-hand exposure to careers that interest them. Students will:
- Learn why informational interviewing and job shadowing are critical to making wise career choices.
- Apply various strategies to identify, initiate contact with, and interview professionals in their field of interest .
- Evaluate their experiences to determine if a specific career is the right fit for them.
$169 for 5 months of course access and coaching support
Need Help Deciding What Your Child Needs Most?
I spent 15 years working with college students, so I know that every young adult has unique needs. If you would like more information to decide if Maximize College courses are a good fit for your child, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also encourage you to click on the course information links above to read the Frequently Asked Questions sections for each course.